Feedback from high school students following a pro-life apologetics training series (May 2011):
What part of the series helped you the most:
- How to ask questions and talk to someone who is pro-choice, and how not to be so defensive but leave them thinking about pro-life and what and who abortion affects.
- The video because it made me understand what we are defending. The arguments and responses also helped.
- The pictures.
- The part about knowing how to talk to someone that’s pro-choice.
- Hearing the debate questions and how to respond to them really helped.
- Practicing counter-arguments. It has enlightened me on how to properly debate and discuss the topic with someone. I am better prepared to discuss it now.
Do you feel more equipped to defend the pro-life position?:
- 100% absolutely yes!
- Yes I do feel more equipped to defend the pro-life position because I now know so much about it and if a pro-choice person came up to me to defend their position I know what to do.
- Yes, some of my friends are pro-choice and I have more reasons to tell them about pro-life.
- Yes, I will go home and read the booklet. I now know how to talk to pro-choice people in a way that will help them understand my position.
- Definitely! There are responses you gave to questions I have never thought of.
After this series, what do you plan to do to impact our culture to be a Culture of Life?
- I plan to try my best to help educate those who are in need of it when it comes to abortion. I’ve changed my family’s perspective and I hope to change many more.
- I will bring what I have learned here to my friends and make people more aware about the danger of killing a human.
- I plan to educate more people that do not know a lot about abortion.
- Educate everyone I know / can on this topic.
- I will keep researching websites and becoming informed. I will talk to people about my stance on abortion. I will join pro-life groups online and discuss with other pro-lifers the problem and solution.
- I think abortion is way worse now than I did before (the series), but I also didn’t know how it was done.
- It was a great experience!
- This presentation helped me realize that we should be willing to help those who are faced with this decision and not judge them.
- I loved this series. It made me value my life, and those who have been through this pain.
- After seeing the graphic pictures I am more than 100% pro-life because I didn’t know that much about what exactly happened at an abortion clinic and know I know and I think it’s horrible.
- After seeing the images I know for sure I am 100000% PRO-LIFE!
- This presentation has shown me that abortion is completely wrong in every case and can never be accepted as right.
- I learned a lot. Thank you so much for coming to our school. Continue to do what you are doing. You have and will continue to affect many lives in a positive way.
Feedback from high school students following a pro-life apologetics training series (April 2011):
- Thank you for taking your time to prepare us for future opportunities to speak FOR those that need to be heard by all.
- I will continue to learn how to protect the unborn and stand up and be their voice.
- Very effective thank you! Great analogies.
- This presentation has helped me better understand how to take a stand on what I believe, which is being pro-life.
- I feel more confident in defending this position.
- It has made my pro-life position more effective and I can more confidently inform others of my position.
- Now I know how to stand for what I believe in and how to defend it.
- I will speak my mind and inform others of this important issue.
Feedback following a pro-life presentation during a high school pro-life conference (March 2011):
“I feel more equipped to defend the pro-life position. To show teenagers how much abortion is wrong.”
“I thought that it was an impacting presentation because it presented me with powerful and effective information, especially the videos and powerpoint.”
“Very inspirational and informative.”
“The part the impacted me the most is the video played showing body parts of aborted babies.”
“I feel that the whole presentation helped/impacted me in general because it made me understand a lot more about the issue and what we can do about it.”
“The video on the abortion procedure” helped/impacted me the most.
“The video. Seeing the raw images of what actually happens” helped/impacted me the most.